apache/gnome service question..

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon May 2 09:16:30 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 02.05.2005 schrieb bruce um 5:27:

> i've had to build apache1.3.33 on a FC3 system. apache2 normally sits in the
> '/etc/httpd...' dir structure. apache1. seems to be placed in the
> /usr/local/apache...' dir structure.. can anybody tell me how i can
> configure/build apache1 to be placed in the same area as apache2...?

./configure --help
The Apache documentation / instructions for installation holds that
information. But it would be unwise to install a custom build from
sources into the same area as the RPM Apache2. Would only cause
brokenness.

> also, the apache1 doesn't show up as one of the services in the Gnome
> service listing. can anyone point me to how i can get it to show up as one
> of the services, or can you point me to a site on the web with this
> information. tried to search with google, but didn't find anything useful...

The information is already on your harddrive:

less /usr/share/doc/initscripts*/sysvinitfiles

> -bruce

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 11:14:17 up 12:42, 19 users, 0.08, 0.07, 0.01