Mouse Configuration

Mostafa Z. Afgani mostafa.afgani at world.iu-bremen.de
Mon May 2 09:43:28 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Additionally executing following command:
> /usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

Where can I put this command so that it's automatically executed at
login? I tried creating .xinitrc / .Xsession / .Xclients and placing the
command there but none has worked so far. I also tried putting it in
/etc/X11/gdm/PostLogin/Default ; that didn't work either.

Additionally, I'd like to load a custom xmodmap file that enables the
multimedia keys on my keyboard.

The commands

$ xmodmap /etc/xmodmap.conf (My custom map)
$ xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

do work from the command line after login.

> Alexander

TIA
-M