HELP: Presentations with FC3 (again...)

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Mon May 2 16:57:44 UTC 2005

Hi,

I need to make a presentation using OO Impress under FC3, in about 3
hours from now. I followed some suggestions I got here, and this is
what I got so far:

  - I boot the computer, then connect the projector. Pressing Fcn+F8
sends the image to the projector, but doesn't "loop"
display|projector|both as it should. It's either display or projector.

  - The image on the projector is always cut at the left end. I can
never get the whole image there.

  - When I press Fcn+F8 to get back to the computer display, it always
comes back with the image larger, and only half fits the screen, so I
have to press CTRL+ALT+F7 to get the display back to normal.

  - Definition: The display is using 1152 x 864 definition. The
projector seems to recognize that, and all works fine there, except
for the left are, which is cut out. I tried everything with the
projector, there just seems to be no way to make this left area
appear. (I already moved the horizontal all I could)

  - Booting with the projector already connected makes no difference at all.

Does anyone knows if I need to change any configuration to get it to
work right? I just wanted the whole slide to appear! (The part too...)
Also, do I have to change anything to get the Fcn+F8 to llop correctly
(including the display+projector part) ?

Thanks!

Gustavo Seabra                                           Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.                                   Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680
Say NO! to software patents: http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com