large files

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Tue May 3 06:11:05 UTC 2005

I have several .wav files (1200 +) but can't get them down to fit on my
second 40 gb drive.  My FC3 install is damaged but works, but I would
like to move the files but can't get them down below 30 gb with tar and
gzip. Bzip is only slightly smaller.  The total is about 45 gb.

I could ask how to fix the problems on my install step by step instead
of reinstalling.  The superblock was damaged and I did a reinstall
saving the old data, twice.

any ideas short of purchasing a new drive would be helpful, I do have a
cd burner but that seems impracticable with that much data.

Tim...

--

"because their minds are without obscuration, they are without fear"