Suggestion to GNOME/KDE: Windows/Applications should "remember" last window size & placement?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue May 3 17:58:39 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,

Just wondering why GNOME/KDE does not "remember" last window
sizes and placements when they are opened and saved when they
are closed.  Do I have to set a preference somewhere or should
I suggest to the GNOME/KDE developers that anytime an GUI application
is opened, shouldn't we have the choice to set the preference to
"remember" the size and placements of these windowed applications?

It gets downright annoying that when I log into my computer and have to
open my applications to be forced to resize and position these window
applications every time!  This is poor use of productivity IMHO.

Kind regards,
Dan