eth0

List list at nchost.net
Wed May 4 18:55:42 UTC 2005

>> On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 10:46, List wrote:
>>>  I had encountered some problem with eth0. I am unable to ping the box
>>> ip or ssh login via another network. But I am able to login via the
>>> local area network. If i restart the network /etc/init.d/network
>>> restart, everything started to work again. This goes on for weeks and
>>> I have not find any solution. I am hoping someone out there can help
>>> me.
>>
>> You would see this effect if you do not have a default gateway set
>> or it is set incorrectly.  You can use the 'route' command to see
>> current routes and add them.  I can't help with the reason the
>> route would be missing, though.  Do you pick up the network information
>> via DHCP or did you configure a static address?
>
> I have a static IP. How do i check? I am on a Fedora Core 3.

My route information.

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
203.208.228.0   *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
169.254.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0 eth0
default         203.208.228.129 0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0