Gnucash and...?

Trevor "TeC" Christian trevor at bouyon.dalive.com
Sat May 7 02:26:09 UTC 2005

Richard Crawford wrote:

>My wife and I want to computerize our account management system, which is
>currently conducted by pencil and paper.  We don't have a need for a high end
>tool like Quicken 2005 XP+ Super Ultra Platinum Edition.  We're happy using
>basic tools.
>
>On my end, I have GnuCash, which works well for me.  My wife, however, runs
>Windows. Ideally, we'd both have access to the same account files and
>information.  I'm having trouble, though, identifying a Windows equivalent to
>GnuCash.  Quicken doesn't seem to quite cut it.
>
>Any ideas?  Free and open source is, of course, preferable.

I gotta go with the VNC and gnucash suggestion.  I haven't personally
tried many other accounting applications, and I'm no accountant - but to
me gnucash is a great, simple accounting program that I can do simple
stuff with and i guess an accountant could do bigger things with.

Its the program I use, and when I'm on a windows machine, I use VNC to
login and run it.  In addition - back up is as simple as copying one
file to a safe place.

Feel free to let us know what you decide on...

--
*Trevor "TeC" Christian*
Cell #: (767) 225 4472
   MSN: trevorc98 at hotmail.com / trevor at bouyon.dalive.com