Fedora Core 3 Two Questions

Lee M Ward leeward at msa.attmil.ne.jp
Sat May 7 04:02:37 UTC 2005

>On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 20:12 +0900, Lee M Ward wrote:
>> What's up? I just downloaded and installed FC3 and I'm loving it so far.
>> Only two things I'm trying to figure out. First: Is there a any programs
>> on here like GnoRPM so I can manage my installed programs a little
>> better.
>Most package management matters are easily resolved with yum or rpm.
>Perhaps you can be more specific.

>Second: Why won't it let me install source RPMs? I tried a
>> couple and it keeps telling me I can't because of "system-config-
>> packages." Is there any way around this? Thank you for your help.

>Your command and error message?

"The file xxxxxx is a source RPM which cannot be installed with
system-config-packages."

I finally figured out how to get the kernel sources installed, but I'm just wondering why
it won't install other sources to. This is mostly just a curiosity thing now, because I can
always download tar files of sources. I got another thing real quick...sorry, but I got a couple
programs that when I try to start them, they don't load. The "Starting xxx" comes on the bar, but
it never loads. Is that an FC issue or the program issue. I will say, the first few times, the program
did load w/o a problem, now it won't (I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program). Thanks for the help.

Lee

---

--
Airman First Class Lee M Ward
United States Air Force

PSC 76 Box 7633
APO AP 96319
(Misawa AB, Japan)

Home: 011-81-3117-62-6567
Duty Phone: 226-1326 (011-81-3117-66-6567)
E-mail: leeward at msa.attmil.ne.jp
Duty E-mail: lee.ward at misawa.af.mil