allow SFTP FTP but not SSH. Can ??

Trevor "TeC" Christian trevor at bouyon.dalive.com
Sat May 7 05:08:17 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:

>On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 10:44:15PM -0400, Trevor TeC Christian wrote:
>

>>I was just reading through the thread, and got a somewhat crazy idea.
>>What if you give the ssh, sftp and ftp access, and just edit the users
>>shell login script so that it logs them off before the complete logon?
>>Crazy huh?
>>Crazy enough to work....hahahha
>>What do u guys think?
>>

>I think: ctrl-c.

I disagree.  Have you tried it?  Can you really Ctrl+C out of ur bash
settings?

I tried it and it works for me.  In addition you get more logging of
users who attempt to login - cause technically they succeed.

# .bashrc
logout
# User specific aliases and functions

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
        . /etc/bashrc
fi

Or an alternative, is it possible to make a shell sooo "restricted" that
you don't get prompt?  maybe another crazy idea...

--
*Trevor "TeC" Christian*
Cell #: (767) 225 4472
   MSN: trevorc98 at hotmail.com / trevor at bouyon.dalive.com