Kplayer, Kmplayer, Mplayer, Xine possibly videolan, etc

kwhiskers kwhiskers at gmail.com
Sat May 7 16:11:27 UTC 2005

On 5/7/05, gb spam <gbofspam at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/6/05, kwhiskers <kwhiskers at gmail.com> wrote:
> > According to the manuals, these programs are supposed to be able to
> display
> > television signals from the tv card. One is instructed to set the
> program to
> > open tv://#, where # is the desired channel number.
> >
> > This produces no output, simply a blank screen.
> >
> > Furthermore, kplayer, for example, fails to find and recognize
> /dev/video0,
> > even though it is there and working under both zapping and tvtime.
>
> does tvtime work?
>
> --

Yes, tvtime works. At first, I thought it didn't, but that is because my
broadcast reception is not so good.

But the quality of my poor broadcast reception should have no adverse affect
on the reception from channel 3, which is my video machine. It works
superbly under windows, so I know that the signal is coming through loud and
clear.