Dydns service

Birt, Jeffrey birtj at umr.edu
Sun May 8 12:57:00 UTC 2005

Anyone knowing of a dydns.org kind of cheap service? I would like to
use my own domain yet a cheaper service, because I would need it only
for a few minutes everyday and not after that.

Regards,
Deboo

I'm using the free service dyndns.org provides.  With their free service you don't get your own domain name, you get something like your-name.thier-domain.com.  For example I have jeff-birt.is-a-geek.com.  This works well for me, letting me connect remotely to my home machine.  I have a service (it's an XP machine) running that periodically tests the current IP (I have a dynamic IP at home) and updates my account at dyndns automatically.

Jeff_Birt