attack

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Mon May 9 16:08:30 UTC 2005

just a question regarding ssh...

hey... i know this is a bit off thread/topic, but i'm curious...

it appears that most of the attacks are automated scripts..

so, given that ssh is open, what would be the downside of building in a kind
of basic challenge response/question system... much like what you have with
yahoo groups/other sites...

since you can't distort some word, given the terminal nature of ssh, would
it be possible to insert/force the user to answer some random question,
prior to being able to attempt to log into the system??

it's been along time since i looked at the ssh protocols/handshake
mechanisms..

thoughts/comments/etc..

-bruce