Configure display for Toshiba laptop

Peter Brown fairytale0020052005 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:45:32 UTC 2005

I'm running FC3 on a Satellite 1200 laptop. Here's the info i get from
manufacturer
+14.1"TFT color LCD active-matrix display; internal display supports
1024 x 768 Resolution
+Intel 830MG integrated controller; 8MB external UMA video memory
+3D Graphics Accelerator, AGP bus support; 2D Graphics Accelerator,
BitBLT hardware, +Hardware cursor, Direct Draw support

I use system-config-display to configure:
  Monitor: Generic LCD 1027x768
  Video card: Intel 830
  Color depth: Millions of colors (24 bpp)
However, when I try viewing a same picture with Linux and Windows, the
result is very different. The picture diplayed in Linux looks very
pale compared to Windows.

Please help me re-configure.

Thanks,
Peter.