moving from gnome to kde

Sam Williams sam at mbz.org
Tue May 10 04:57:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 18:24 +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> hi there,
>
> I used gnome for a while but have now switched to kde. I am having some
> minor problems with this.
>
> - in gnome I had firefox and thunderbird setup to start at login, this
> is busted in kde, so I'm trying to reverse it. But I have no idea where
> I made the setting in the first place.
> - if I do not log in for 30 seconds it logs in automatically, that's
> fine, except that it logs into  the gnome desktop, not the default which
> is kde.
>
> help appreciated
>
> Duncan

I, too, recently switched.  Set default user interface in Preferences-
>More Preferences->Desktop Switching Tool.  Not sure how reliable that
is, I'm still switching back to Gnome occasionally.

Don't know how to set startup items yet.  Also liked the Weather widget
in Gnome better than the one available in KDE.  Haven't learned how to
install a better one in KDE yet.

Have fun,

Sam