FC3 No mixers found.

Thomas Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Thu May 12 15:00:11 UTC 2005

Hi list,
Last night I just did a fresh install of FC3 on a work machine, and
everything is working except the soundcard. I've read as much of the
archives as I could and have tried blacklisting the module in the
/etc/hotplug/blacklist which doesn't seam to help the problem.
I've tried using the Fedora soundcard utility which shows my soundcard is
detected but there is no sound. When I open the Gnome volume control it
gives me the error, "Sorry no mixers found."
My /etc/modprobe.conf shows it is using the snd-intel8x0 module for my
onboard AC-97 soundcard. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
Thanks.