Playing DVD freezes the computer

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Thu May 12 17:04:21 UTC 2005

Hi,

I never had this problem before.  But yesterday when I was watching a
DVD on my FC3 box using xine 0.99.3, suddenly in the middle of
playback, the whole computer froze: no response to keyboard, mouse, or
remote log in.  I had to do a hard reset.

Then I switch mplayer, it was fine for like 10 minutes, then the
computer froze again.

I couldn't figure out what went wrong.  There's nothing obviously
wrong in the log.

Another question, what is the difference between libdvdcss and
libdvdcss2?  I have libdvdcss-1.2.8 installed.

Thanks,

Xiaotian