Help on USB reader/camera connection

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Thu May 12 17:24:40 UTC 2005

If I connect an USB reader or a camera, they are not automatically
mounted. I can download photos by Gphoto.
Furthermore I get a list of strange .fstab.hal.a etc, etc files in /etc
directory ( a png image is available on request..)

This is also my fstab file:
# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdd                /media/cdrom            auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/fd0                /media/floppy           auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/home/antonio/Webpages  /export/Webpages  bind  bind  0

Any idea???? System is fully updated including latest kernel.

Tnx

--
 Antonio
Linux Fedora Core 3 on Pentium Casa