configuring an IPSEC tunnel, Fedora Core 3 to remote router

Phillip T. George phillip at eacsi.com
Thu May 12 19:34:49 UTC 2005

David Cary Hart wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 12:12 -0700, Harlan Feinstein wrote:
>

>>Didn't I see somewhere in one of the network utilities that there's a
>>configuration tool for setting up an IPSEC tunnel?  Now that I'd like to try
>>it, can't find it at all.
>>
>>--Harlan
>>

>Let me know if you find something. I keep googling this topic and get
>conflicting animals (swans and raccoons) that are quit confusing.

Use the network configuration tool in X-Windows....Though it won't do
you much good.  IPSEC doesn't seem to work in FC3 "out of the box".
I've NEVER got the network configuration tool to create a connection
successfully.  I also had to turn of the compression once I did get it
working, or packets over a certain size could not be sent (>=64 bytes
thru a windows client to a client on the other side).  I had to manually
configure my /etc/ipsec.conf and /etc/ipsec.secrets files after updating
a few things :)

-Phillip