APM Question

Frank Tanner III pctech at mybellybutton.com
Fri May 13 03:06:59 UTC 2005

I am in the process of setting a laptop computer up to be installed in my
car.  Of course, it is running Fedora Core.  Why I chose a laptop is
outlined below.

Here is my question.  I have a car "AC" adapter for it.  Obviously, I also
have a battery.  I know, in Windows, that there is a way to get a laptop to
safely shut down and turn off on the loss of power on the AC connection.  It
is able to do this because of the battery.  Is there a way to do this in
Fedora Core?  I didn't see any settings for "shut down on AC loss".  Also,
secondary and less importantly, is there a way to get it to turn back on
when "AC" power is restored?

Before anyone suggests suspend, I don't want to use suspend because I don't
want the battery to completely drain when the car is off overnight.

Thanks for your help.