how-to for x-terminal newbie

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Fri May 13 06:12:59 UTC 2005

>I would install Windows or a small Linux distribution on your laptop.
>Install VNC on your main Linux box then use VNC client on your Laptop.

Does that mean that I _for example_ could install damn small linux + vnc
client? If yes how do i get into this vnc client thing to make it do
something.
[root at 3e6b2ac7 ~]# vnc
-bash: vnc: command not found
[root at 3e6b2ac7 ~]# vnc --help
-bash: vnc: command not found
[root at 3e6b2ac7 ~]# vnc-server --help
-bash: vnc-server: command not found
[root at 3e6b2ac7 ~]#

It looks like vnc is already installed on my main system. So let's try
that. Yum can't find ltsp, of course I can find the website.

vino.i386                                2.8.1-1                installed
Matched from:
Vino is a VNC server for GNOME. It allows remote users to
connect to a running GNOME session using VNC.

vnc-server.i386                          4.0-8                  installed
Matched from:
vnc-server
A VNC server.
The VNC system allows you to access the same desktop from a wide
variety of platforms. This package is a VNC server, allowing others to
access the desktop on your machine.
http://www.realvnc.com
[root at 3e6b2ac7 ~]#