DIsk Druid Bugs in installation of latest Fedora

pking123 at sympatico.ca pking123 at sympatico.ca
Sun May 15 12:41:53 UTC 2005

> On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 08:05:32PM -0400, pking123 at sympatico.ca wrote:
> > > Just to be sure -- in the alternate console, you're editing > >
> /mnt/sysimage/etc/fstab, not /etc/fstab, right? > Exactly.
>
> At what point are you editing this file, what are you doing to it, and
> what do you do when you're done?

Well, at one point I was editing the file in the console. After
rebooting and finding out the changes didn't stay I edited it again.
This time, however, it was during a normal Linux session with a fully
installed system. After rebooting once more, I still got the same
partitions, with none of my changes recognised.

Another poster in this thread mentioned that fstab was modified to
help Fedora to distinguish between "managed" and "unmanaged"
partitions. Apparently, I can't edit the managed partitions. Maybe I
was trying to edit a line that had a managed partition.