start cups preblom

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon May 16 06:21:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005 15:58:27 +1000
Yuandan Zhang <yzhang4 at turing.une.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi,
> When I start cupsd, I got following error. How to fix it or where to
> look for causes?
>  > /etc/rc.d/init.d/cups start
> Starting cups: cupsd: Child exited with status 99!

In /var/log/ somewhere?

Also, a lot of people do not know this but if you already have
cupsd running on a machine on your network you can just edit
/etc/cups/client.conf and point ServerName to that machine. Everything
will Just Work after that and you do not need to run cupsd. For example
I have a machine in my basement that is on all the time and has a printer
attached. So I run cupsd on that.

Mike