A question about NTFS

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon May 16 14:55:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 10:24:13AM -0400, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> > Is it possible to bind ntfs to the linux kernel?
> Yes.  You have done it each time you downloaded and installed the
> linux-ntfs project to your system.
> (see definitions 1 and 2 of "bind" below)

I think he means definition #2 in a more complete sense:

>    2. To link any element, tag, identifier or mnemonic with another so
> that the two are associated in some manner. See alias.

it'd be nice if rpm depsolvers could automatically pull in updated kernel
modules when the kernel is updated -- i.e. if the kernel module rpms were
some how "bound" to the kernel. Currently, this doesn't work very well.
There's been some talk on the Fedora Extras list about solving the problem,
though.