OT: What's the deal with Ubuntu?

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Fri May 20 20:33:23 UTC 2005

close...

but i was thinking of a higher level goal. and in fact, progeny may already
be here. i was envisioning a system where you could essentially
download/install the package for the given system... the package you got
would have everything you'd need to run that given service (or services).
this approach would allow development teams/users to quickly get up to work,
while at the same time, allow admin functions to be done by people who would
already know what was on a given server...

nothing on the progeny site leads me to believe that they provide the kind
of packaged systems that i'm envisioning. but at the same time, nothing
would appear to stop them from going in that direction either...

-bruce