lsusb does not appear on laptop

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri May 20 22:20:07 UTC 2005

I'm puzzled that lsusb does not show anything on my laptop,
although at the moment I have for example a USB memory stick in it,
which is working fine.
Nor is there anything in /proc/bus/usb/ .

I have three other computers on which lsusb works as expected.

All the computers are running Fedora-3 with kernel 2.6.11 .

I see the internal USB hub with lspci:
00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01)

It doesn't really matter too much,
but I'm wondering what the reason is.
Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366