How do I enable nightly yum?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun May 22 01:47:11 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 06:17, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> But surely other problems are going to show up at some point,
> whether you do it automatically or not?
> You cannot tell beforehand if installation of a package
> is going to cause difficulties.
> Or at least I can't.

Sometimes you can't even tell immediately afterwords - for example
after some update the system decided not to start interfaces
if the config files had a hardware address entry that did not
match the ethernet MAC address of the associated NIC.   Since
most of my machines have hard drives cloned from a master
machine and are at remote locations, this made things interesting
later on when the first reboots happened.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com