Screen: How to copy paste between ttys?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon May 23 22:25:27 UTC 2005

Deboo ^ wrote:
> On 5/22/05, Mike Klinke <lsomike at futzin.com> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday 21 May 2005 16:05, JL wrote:
>>

>>>And if you don't have a middle mouse button, what then? My laptop
>>>and my mouse both have only 2 buttons.
>>>
>>>JDL
>>
>>There may be other ways ... I think I remember reading that if you
>>press both mouse buttons at the same time, if you have the right
>>type of mouse, on Tuesdays before 10:00 am, if you're coordinated
>>enough ...
>>
>>If you haven't discovered the joys of a wheel mouse a few dollars at
>>your local computer store will lead to enlightenment and
>>happiness ... and as a side effect, it will solve your copy/paste
>>problems too.
>>

>>Regards, Mike Klinke
>

> Tho this would become another topic, but what if the wheel mouse's
> wheel doens't work under linux? I mean it doens't do the funtion of a
> wheel but does paste the copied contents with the left button drag.

If it's a Microsoft-compatible wheel mouse, it'll work in Linux.

As for cutting, etc., select via a left mouse drag, copy and paste via
a center button click, clicking the wheel or simultaneously clicking
left and right buttons.  Most GUI apps also support CTRL+C for copy to
clipboard and CTRL+V for paste from clipboard.

YMMV.
-     Veni, Vidi, VISA:  I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.     -