gnome-photo-printer

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl
Thu May 26 19:38:57 UTC 2005

Hi,
Trying to compile gpp the <./configure> command gives an error.
[root at cello gpp-0.6.5]#./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for pkg-config >= 0.6.0... found
checking for libgnomeui-2.0... configure: error: You need to have
libgnomeui-2.0 installed to compile & run this software.

But libgnomeui-2.0 is there:
<locate libgnomeui-2.0>  shows me lots of files of which the last ones are:
/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6/test-gnome/testgnome.xml
/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6/test-gnome
/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6/config.sub
/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6/Makefile.am
/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6/Makefile.in
/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6/NEWS
/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6/configure
/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6/acconfig.h
/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6/config.guess
/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6/libtool
/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6

Adding the variable <./configure libgnomeui-2.0=/usr/libgnomeui-2.0.6>
doesn't work.
Should I have libgnomeui-2.0 installed instead of libgnomeui-2.0.6?
Why do I get this error?
Peter.