Sendmail host name lookup failure

Bob R. Taylor brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx
Thu May 26 20:02:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 03:41, Marcus O. White wrote:
> Have you looked in the /var/log/maillog or /var/log/messages for
> additional information. This could also be a DNS issue, where the Yahoo
> mailserver attempts to perform a reverse lookup of the sending server.
> The other thing that you may want to do is use your ISP's mailserver as
> a "smart relay". This would require modifying your /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
> file.

I *have* my ISP as "SMART_HOST". I *still* get nameserver timeouts from
several different ISPs including Yahoo and AOL. I don't know *what*
their stinking problem *is*. We have *not* received *any* answer from
these yahoos. If anyone has any ideas, please post them.

Thank you.
--
Bob R. Taylor <brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx>