Mouse cursor size and font sizes messed up after deleting kdmrc

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Sat May 28 17:37:59 UTC 2005

Two problems, seem to be related.  I deleted my kdmrc (kdm is the KDE login
manager) and generated a new one with genkdmconf.  After that, I have weird
X issues:

1)  some of the mouse cursors are too big.  the normal pointer cursor and
the text insert cursor, specifically.  the weird thing is that the window
resize cursor and the "hand over link" cursor are small.

2)  fonts are waaaaay too small all of a sudden.  I had to increase my font
size from 11 to 18 point.  this only happens when using the nvidia closed
source graphic drivers.  if i use the "nv" driver, the font sizes are
normal again (i.e. point size 11 looks normal).

What does kdm have to do with these seemingly X issues?  how do I fix the
problems?

Thank you for the help.