FC3 on a VirtualPC needs PPTP support...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue May 31 20:46:11 UTC 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005 08:34:38 +0100, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
wrote:

>> So my best guess is that I should install PPTP support into FC3 and
>> then go from there. I found this link in previous posts:
>> http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-fedora-core-3.phtml

>P.S. I am the packager of the pptp package in Fedora Extras; you can use
>either this package or the one on the pptpclient website. The
>instructions on the pptpclient website also tell you how to install and
>use the GUI configuration utility "pptpconfig", which is not yet
>available in Extras.

I started out by following the pptpclient site instructions, but I got
caught at step #1.c (modprobe test) with the message:
bash: modprobe: command not found

What does this mean?
bash?
command not found?

I did it all from a terminal window where I had used the su command
first to switch to root.

I skipped to the pptp module in the next step and when I did the rpm
command I received a message:
warning: pptp-1.6.0.1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
b56a8bac

Does this mean that the installation was OK but with a warning or did
it not succeed at all???

The next step using yum does not work at all, it complains about GPG
public keays and suggests a command to install them which did not
work.

Sigh....

Bo Berglund