web multimedia procols.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue May 31 20:53:26 UTC 2005

Hello,

Today I tried to access an online tutorial for a product that we are
using.  I found that I could not access the multimedia files or
download them as expected.

In Mozilla I kept getting and error about an unrecognized protocol.

The link was similar to this.

   mss://www.someserver.com/multimedia/thisfile.wmv

The protocol error was related to the mss://

I have searched for any information on this protocol with no success
and I need to find out if this is one of those strange MS only things.
  I think it has to do with streaming the video or data but not sure.

--
Robin Laing