2 Projects -- Need advice/suggestions

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Tue Nov 1 11:42:58 UTC 2005

Good Morning Everyone:

I have 2 projects on tap this week (among a ton of others) that I could
use your input on.

First is setting up music sharing for iTunes and my iPod on a fedora
core server.  It has been suggested that the proper way to do this is to
use HOWL and Daapd.  I have looked over the websites for them, and it
seems ok,  I was wondering if anyone had done this, and any comments /
suggestions / gotchas that I need be aware of.  Also, if you know of any
good "cookbook" style procedures out there, id appreciate it.

The second one is Jabber,  We need an instant message system in our
building, and as far as I can tell Jabber is the way to go.  The server
will be Fedora Core 3 (my production web server) I have dug around the
net and found a large number of jabber implementations,  I am looking
for one that is simple to set up, maintain and use.  We will be
interfacing with either Trillian (free) or Gaim.  If anyone knows of
another server / service that would be better, please let me know, im
open to pretty much anything at this point, again as above -- any
problems etc and any good procedures are always welcome.

Thanks

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11