how to connect ipod

Ernie McCracken 56789 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 1 16:16:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 08:07:15AM -0800, Josh Coffman wrote:

>   The iPod Shuffle does not auto-mount on my FC4
> install (kernel 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4). Can someone tell
> me how to get the ipod to auto-mount/unmount? And get
> gtkPod or something setup and easy to use?

I have a regular 4G iPod and it automounts under /media/ipod.  I didn't
have to do anything special.  There's even an icon that shows up on the
desktop.

Dag Wieers has gtkpod in his repository, but not for FC4.  It does
build under FC4 with no problems though.  Perhaps if I'm feeling
industrious one day, I'll submit it to Fedora Extras.