Viewing JSPs from Mozilla Browser on Fedora

Benjamin Franz snowhare at nihongo.org
Tue Nov 1 17:31:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Frank Bogle wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am developing a J2EE application on a hosted Linux Data Centre,
>
> I have a local instance of Fedora 1 installed at home and was wondering if
> anyone knows about limitations of Mozilla for viewing JSPs.

There are none.

JSP is a backend server technology. It has _NOTHING_ to do with browser
compatibility. All browsers 'see' are are the _output_. Browsers have no
ability to divine if the output was generated by JSP, Perl, C, ASP, PHP,
static HTML files or little Swiss gnomes typing really fast.

What you have is problem with either your output HTML or some other item
like Javascript cross-browser compatibility problems. IOW: Fix the
HTML/Javascript output and all will be well.

--
Benjamin Franz

The designer of a new kind of system must participate fully in the implementation.

                                                          - Donald E. Knuth