Why Fedora ?

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) stymar at lucent.com
Wed Nov 2 15:03:14 UTC 2005

> Why post messages on a support list about the usefulness of a product
> that said list is designed to support?
>
> Do you honestly expect anyone to reply with "You know what?  You're
> right.   Fedora is of no use to me and I'm going to switch distros
> because you don't care for it.   Thank you very much."?
>
> What, precisely, are you trying to accomplish?
>
> Curious,
> David-Paul Niner

I have observed that this mailing list is populated by a lot
of very intellegent and informed individuals.  Since geography
precludes us getting together for coffee on a regular basis,
I believe these discussions do have merit.  Many of the other
discussion lists have a much smaller distribution and often
the insights expressed here would be missed.

I thank the people on this list for their time and energy.

Robert E. Styma
Principal Engineer (DMTS)
Lucent Technologies, Phoenix