Why Fedora ?

Derek Martin code at pizzashack.org
Wed Nov 2 16:31:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 09:45:40AM -0500, David-Paul Niner wrote:
> Vikram Goyal wrote:

[pages and pages of re-posted message snipped]

Geez people, can't you trim your replies a little so we don't have
to wade through pages of crap we've already read to get to your point?
If we're interested in the thread, we've already read the previous
messages...  Just quote enough so that we know what you're referring
to.

> Why post messages on a support list about the usefulness of a product
> that said list is designed to support?

This is community-developed software...  The community's opinion of
the software matters.  If there's something that you think sucks in
Fedora, this is as good a place as any to ask why it sucks and whether
or not anything can be done about it.

Whether posed as a question or not, the community needs to be
accepting of criticism, in order to make the software better.  When
people rant, it's because they're frustrated.  Their rants should be
taken in that light, and should be seen as an opportunity for
improvement, of which there remain many in the free software world.

> Do you honestly expect anyone to reply with "You know what?  You're
> right.   Fedora is of no use to me and I'm going to switch distros
> because you don't care for it.   Thank you very much."?
>
> What, precisely, are you trying to accomplish?

It is really not necessary to be so rude...  Rather than be insulting,
why don't you try to offer some constructive explanation, or provide
some alternative ways to do what is being complained about.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/