Why Fedora ?

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Wed Nov 2 17:33:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 12:04 -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:08:20PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > >This is community-developed software...  The community's opinion of
> > >the software matters.  If there's something that you think sucks in
> > >Fedora, this is as good a place as any to ask why it sucks and whether
> > >or not anything can be done about it.
> > >
> > Or even better get involved. The community can do more than be
> > consumers. They can actually improve things.
>
> Not if they don't know how to write code, and don't want to learn...
>
> Not everyone who uses Linux is a programmer, and not everyone should
> be.
>
> Thanks for trimming your reply.

I've been trying to ignore this thread, but Derek,

Next time try clicking on the link that Rahul provided (before
assuming), which just to repeat was:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpWanted

You might notice that the "community" needs help with more than just
programming....  Fact of the matter is that most of the programming
issues are being addressed, shy of the developers having their code
tested on a wider array of hardware/environments.  The bigger problem
areas are support (separating actual bugs from misconfiguration) and
feedback (documenting the bugs for the developers to then fix)....  I
don't think this project is lacking in coding resources.....

Take a look at the above page.  From your other posts, I'm guessing that
you have some talent that would fit quite nicely in a couple of those
areas....

--Rob