Why Fedora ?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 18:38:25 UTC 2005

Derek Martin wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 11:42:12PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>I certainly dont expect you to read every link or response posted in
>>this list. I agree that noone would have time for that generally but if
>>you want to respond to something I have said, I would have expect you to
>>read and understand what I have told. I would consider that a very fair
>>expectation. Agreed?
>>

>Yes, and no.  Your post suggested that the OP get involved, as if he
>wasn't getting involved already by participating here.  I do apologize
>for responding without full knowledge, but at the same time, given the
>context, I don't think it was unreasonable to assume that you were
>suggesting he write code without bothering to look at the link.  It's
>something that one hears too often from programmers on mailing lists
>like this one, and again, I think sending that link is saying that
>you think he's not already involved by participating here.  Hence the
>assumption.  Sorry.

Reasonable I guess. One of the reasons I wrote the page is avoid the
misconceptions of being unable to participate because of lack of skills
or interest in coding. Participating in the list is definitely a good
thing but if anyone here wants to make a difference it would take a more
active form of contribution. That can of any form as indicated in the
link besides a few that I have probably not written down yet.

regards
Rahul