Wireless PC Card

Kevin Kempter kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
Thu Nov 3 15:42:06 UTC 2005

Hi List;

I'm doing some work in the sticks and they have their M$ network locked down tight.  I'm looking at getting a PCMCIA wireless card via cingular for national wireless access.  Any thoughts on if this will work with Linux, any thoughts, suggestions, gotcha's etc that anyone is aware of? Anyone else doing this with Fedora?

I currently use the IPW2200 to access wireless hotspots but obviously the IPW2200 project wont drive a PCMCIA card. Anyone know what projects to look at for this. I've heard of ndswrapper but know nothing about it...

Thanks in advance for your help...