Spell Checker not working in FC4

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu Nov 3 22:43:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:15:31AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> During a spell check in Kmail my pet rat stepped on the keyboard, and
> I don't know what she pressed, but the spell checker closed and I get
> this error when I try to check (translated):
> Cannot run the spell checking program. Please check that the spell
> checking program is properly installed and is in your path.
>
> So I opened the options of Kmail and in the spell checking dialog I
> tried all sorts of combinations (Ispell/ Aspell/ Hspell/ International
> Ispell, different encodings, different dictionaries), but nothing
> gives me a working spell checker. Any ideas?

I would remove Ispell for example and reinstall it. And get a cage
for your rat. Although I can't see a rat ruining the spell checker.
Exactly what error do you find in the spell checking?

Fortune's Real-Life Courtroom Quote #19:

Q:  Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?
A:  All my autopsies have been performed on dead people.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University