DSL, gaim and yum update

Andrew Couture relicsrage at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 03:24:55 UTC 2005

Globe Trotter wrote:
> For the past two weeks, I have been unable to get a single yum update as well
> as connect using gaim. I wonder if anyone can please help. I have a new modem,
> but I am able to do everything else.
>
> Any advice suggestions, etc would be really appreciated. Here is what I get
> using yum:
>
> # yum update
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: core
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
> Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
> try.
>
> Many thanks and best wishes,
> GT.

> http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

I am curious, try

  "yum --disablerepo=core update"

What else does 'yum' show?

Have you tried yumex or gnome-yum or smart-gui?

Take a look at this link, maybe it will help, do a find
on " --disable " and it will take you to the spot.

'http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html#Yum'

andrew