Postfix Sluggish

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 4 18:05:04 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 12:34 -0500, Ki Song wrote:
> One reason why the maillog is so huge is because all the messages that
> are trying to be sent to this domain (knifecenter.com) that are the
> target of spam ... basically, they are sending to any and all
> potential names in the knifecenter domain ... for example, a
> particular server tries to send a message (probably spam) to:
> a at knifecenter.com, then aa at knifecenter.com, then ab at knifecenter.com,
> then ac at knifecenter.com, etc.

Incidentally, that sort of thing does make it dead easy for you to
delete the spam for all accounts, including real ones.

You know, with 100% certainty, that a lot of messages to non-existent
addresses are spam.  So, all messages with same message ID, sent to real
and non-existent addresses can be deleted with impunity.  You won't be
accidentally deleting real messages misidentified as spam (real messages
don't get sent to masses of wrong addresses).

I read messages from the public lists.