"Quota Write Failure" during booting

Ping-Wu Zhang pwzhangz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 19:11:23 UTC 2005

This nuisance has been bothering me for quite sometime, though I has paid
very little attention.

In one of my FC4 machines (Bio IDEQ 200N), I always got this message during
booting:

INIT 5 Quota Write [Failed]

then the boot screen would switch to a text mode. This is a default FC4
installation (i.e., no quota entry was made to either GRUB or fstab), and I
do not have any problem on any of my other machines.

I know I did not explain my problem very clearly, but where can I start
looking for more info? Thanks in advance.