Hello Fedora: "Support" FAQ?

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Mon Nov 7 20:08:31 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am a FreeBSD guy who is trying to get a handle on the Red Hat thing.
I like that there's a documentation project to cover Fedora ... what I
am missing is any sort of sanctioned "support forum" ... I keep having
various little problems, like I want to recompile the kernel on my
laptop to support NDIS, but the compile tree seems broken ... with
FreeBSD I am pretty good at plugging the error message into Google
Groups and usually getting a recent answer.  This does not seem the best
approach with Fedora: I have to learn the Fedora Way to get answers.

So, I found fedora-list, and like to think this may be a general support
forum akin to freebsd-users ... is this a good place to ask questions
and generally get some good advice?  Or is there a better place to go to
try to answer my questions?  What I would totally vote for (and I looked
around the Bugzilla / wiki and maybe I'll complete suggesting it) is a
little link on http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/ which says "How to Solve
Problems and Where to Get Support" ...

Anyway, once I receive a few messages and get procmail tuned up, I will
have some questions to post here.  I hope this is the place ... hello,
everyone! :)

Thanks,
-danny

--