pilot-link issues

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Nov 7 22:03:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 16:53 -0500, lance raymond wrote:
> Only caught the tail end of Craigs post, so this might be a similar
> post, so I did look at the tests with the same results.  Here are my
> details, so any help is appreciated.
>
> I am trying to sync  Treo 600, there is an entry in the devices.xml
> for it:
> <!-- Handspring Treo 600 -->
> <device vendor_id="082d" product_id="0300" />
>
> I also have the following RPM's installed:
> gnome-pilot-2.0.13-2
> gnome-pilot-devel-2.0.13-2
> gnome-pilot-conduits-2.0.13-1
> pilot-link-debuginfo-0.12.0-0.pre4.0.fc4.2
> pilot-link-devel-0.12.0-0.pre4.0.fc4.2
> pilot-link-0.12.0-0.pre4.0.fc4.2
> jpilot-0.99.8-0.pre10.fc4.1
> jpilot-debuginfo-0.99.8-0.pre10.fc4.1
>
> Once I plug in the device (not hitting the sync I get the following:
> Nov  7 16:24:15 vader kernel: usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using
> uhci_hcd and address 6
> Nov  7 16:24:15 vader kernel: visor 2-1:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm
> OS converter detected
> Nov  7 16:24:15 vader kernel: usb 2-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
> converter now attached to ttyUSB2
> Nov  7 16:24:15 vader kernel: usb 2-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS
> converter now attached to ttyUSB3
> Nov  7 16:24:38 vader kernel: usb 2-1: USB disconnect, address 6
>
> I did issue the commands in the previous thread, pilot-xfer -L -
> p /tmp/pilot it  sits and waits for connection, even after pressing
> the hot-sync button there is nothing. Once disconnected you recieve
> Nov  7 16:26:04 vader kernel: visor ttyUSB0: Handspring Visor / Palm
> OS converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
> Nov  7 16:26:05 vader kernel: visor ttyUSB1: Handspring Visor / Palm
> OS converter now disconnected from ttyUSB1
>
> I would like to sync w/ evolution, if it must be a jpilot type app, so
> be it, but any help to get this going is appreciated.

----
re-read my post as evidently you missed the all important step of mknod

unless you do that, you won't get it to work with pilot-xfer and once
you get it to work with pilot xfer, you should be able to figure out
what change you need to make to get it to work with gpilotd (evolution)

Craig

believed to be clean.