cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Nov 8 12:14:27 UTC 2005

David Abbott wrote:

> Nothing comes up it flashes on and off a couple of times and then goes into
> `I cannot start the X server lets do a dodgy half hearted effort at
> doing something that isn't going to work'

lol yes they should change the wording to that.

If this thing keeps hassling you, leave it where it is with, say,
Ctrl-Alt-F2 and login as root.

less /var/log/Xorg.0.log

will have the answers... this should be visible from the automated
screen you mentioned, but there's how to get it on your own.

Go to the bottom and look backwards for the first sign of (EE)
indicating a fatal error.

Likely you just need to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf for some reason.

-Andy