Fedora Core CD not found

Brian D. McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Tue Nov 8 16:38:36 UTC 2005

I keep a copy of (all versions) of the .ISO images up on my nfs server
in /files/redhat/<version> and I export the /files directory.

When you boot the installer, instead of just hitting enter to go to the
gui install, type in 'linux askmethod' (or if the system doesn't find
the CD-ROM, you'll get to this point anyway).  When you get to the
media, select NFS Install.  Give you local machine a network connection
and point it at the IP and share of the nfs server.  Viola, from that
point forward, as long as it finds the media, you'll just doing a normal
install.

-brian

Brian D. McGrew { brian at visionpro.com || brian at doubledimension.com }
--