cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 9 01:02:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 12:14 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
> Actually, more time is spent in waiting on the ntp server for the 2
> boots than in any other part of the process.

If that's because it's trying to poll internet servers when you don't
have an internet connection, and your connection is via PPP, try this:

Reset your services so that NTP isn't started at boot.

Make an /etc/ppp/ip-ip.local script like this:
#!/bin/bash
/sbin/service ntpd restart

I rarely reboot my server, but noticed that NTP dies while you're
off-line, and never recovers.  It motivated me to find a simple
solution.

I read messages from the public lists.