NetworkManager 0.5 problem

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed Nov 9 12:57:03 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, William John Murray wrote:

>   NewtworkManager 0.4 was a bit 'iffy' for me; I kept having to
> delete /etc/resolve.conf after using pptp. So I hope 0.5 is better.
>
>  So far it has been perfect, getting an unsecure wireless and a cable,
> but as I type now the icon, and tooltip is 'No network connection' -
> but my wired network is working just fine.
>    Suggestions for debug I could check?

Best to discuss this on networkmanager-list at gnome.org.

Also check bugzilla.redhat.com for NM bugs.

I haven't seen this with NetworkManager-0.5.1-1.FC4.4, but when I was
seeing it, one could always just force reconnect and the correct icon
would usually come up.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences